Web redirect

New work, news and Images from the shop. If you would like to know more about my art, please visit my full website @ www.chrisbathgate.com

3/3/11

Drawings For Most Recent Sculpture




I finally finished the drawing that goes with my last work, so I wanted to post it here for people to see.


Also, I took the better part of a day to design and make this mounting Bracket for my new work. I did finally decide to make it a wall mounted piece.


The Cylindrical piece replaces the Cap Screw Bolt that held the Base onto the work. It has a flange that fits into the Hoarse shoe shaped Half, which bolts to the wall.


Like so.


For now this new piece will be living on my wall next to this giant Carnival hammer I restored (It's made of an entire tree trunk and still has the bark on it). Glad I took the extra time because It looks great on the wall, definitely the right decision.